Ideas from hooks
Those are ideas for hooks support in SOGo.
We should eventually document all hooks like this:
- Name: -personalFolderWasCreated: (SOGoGCSFolder *) theFolder forUser: (SOGoUser *) theUser - Description: This method will be invoked whenever a personal folder (default Calendar or Address Book) is created. Using this hook, you can for example, automatically subscribe the user when he "first logs in" to some other resources or you can create additional resources.
Here are some ideas for hooks which are reasonable for initial support:
- be informed when the personal address book/calendar is created
- scripts trigger on error
- multiple failed logins attempts
- add/edit/delete events and tasks
- add/edit/delete contacts
- authentication requests and use of authentication tokens
- "Report as Spam" button in the Mail module's toolbar
Here are some more ideas, which could be explored later:
1. it would be nice if we could virtually-merge different calenders / folders in one. Perhaps with some sort of filters, to exclude some appointments / contatcts... and also route acl lookups through scripts so you can write-protect some appointments on-demand.
2. It would be great, if we could trigger phone calls out of the address book. Ideas from the mailing list:
- have a phone icon link next to each address book entry
- have the phone number be a link itself
allow use of the tel:uri scheme: <a href="tel:0123456789">0123456789</a> (included in v1.3.9)
another example for the link scheme: <a href="http://my.domain.com/callnumber?number=0123456789">0123456789</a>
- Important: It should also be possible to distinguish between the users who trigger the call, so that the call can be executed i.e. from different voip accounts. Also it might be important to address security concerns, so that external unwanted use of the phone links is not possible. But probably this can be solved with existing webserver tools.